Saturday, October 3, 2015

~BE THANKFUL~

Yay! I have been waiting all summer long for fall to arrive. Don't get me wrong I love summer and all of the fun things that happened and the memories I made but fall is the season where you can relax and just enjoy life. And I love this time of the year because of Thanksgiving! All the different pies and all the different food's, the smell of pumpkin pie candles,decorating the house...the list could go on...lol. But as Thanksgiving and Christmas roll around, I think of all the families that don't get to celebrate the holiday's like we do. I think of the homeless out there with nothing, the children that don't get presents at Christmas, the families that don't have a nice turkey dinner, And I realize how thankful I should be for everything I have. A couple years ago me and my cousin went with one of her friends that was a EMT to the firehouse  and helped the firefighters pass out gifts to family's that couldn't afford to buy present's that year. It was so heartbreaking because so many kids were embarrassed to accept the gifts. And you could tell the parents were on the verge of tears. Even for Easter outreach the church we used to attend would separate in teams and go door knocking to pass out flyers for the Easter drama. The team that I was on went to a women/family shelter, and it was sad to see the women there...they were so broken and afraid. Obviously no men worked on the women's side there due to most of the women's pasts. The only man that was with us was the team leader and you could just feel the tension as we walked into the room where the women were gathered. I was trying my best not to break down. Then there was the family side. Each family had a small cubicle where they slept and kept their belongings. As we walked in everyone just stared at us like ''What are these kind of people doing here?''. As we talked to each family and invited them to the drama and said there would be food,prizes and etc...their faces would light up and they would start smiling. When we walked out of there that night I thought of how blessed I was to have everything I have. I hope this holiday season ya'll remember those who have less than us and remember to be thankful for everything you have! Even if you have some rinky dinky car...hey it gets you where your going at least. Even if your house ain't your dream house...BE THANKFUL! I hope ya'll enjoy the holiday season this year.

1 comment:

  1. Princess, I love you more than any princess in the world and I am truly thankful for YOU! You are my joy. -Daddy

    ReplyDelete